Elizabeth Fujiwara – Attorney
Elizabeth Jubin Fujiwara, provides over two decades of trial and valuable experience as a lawyer handling employment law, discrimination, civil rights, and labor law cases. She is also obtainable as a neutral fact-finder in employment matters.
Ms. Fujiwara has served as the Senior Trial Attorney for the EEOC in Hawai’i and the Pacific Basin. She is the creator and was president of the National Employment Lawyers Association of Hawai’i from 1993 to 1996. She retains a Masters Degree in Social Work with a emphasis on advising and community development.
Earlier in her profession (1986), Ms. Fujiwara headed up her own law firm, which is regarded by some to have been the vanguard for employment law in Hawai’i. As early as 1987 she was selected as the Outstanding Lawyer of Hawai’i for the entire state. She has also concentrated her practice in the areas of tort issues as well as intellectual property law, and has also represented entertainers in contract negotiation.
Mr. Rosenbaum has successfully litigated numerous cases in the Hawai’i’s federal and circuit courts, the United States Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and is one of a small group of attorneys in Hawai’i who have been admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court in Washington, D.C. Mr. Rosenbaum is recognized as an expert in the areas of employment law and police misconduct and has taught seminars in these areas of the law.
After clerking with his current law partner Elizabeth Jubin Fujiwara during law school, Mr. Rosenbaum established his current law firm, Fujiwara and Rosenbaum, LLLC, with Ms. Fujiwara in 2010. Mr. Rosenbaum prides himself on providing zealous advocacy for his clients and assisting them through a troubled time in their lives.
- Cause of Action for Post-Ellerth/Faragher Title VII Employment Sexual Harassment Claims (with Joyce M. Brown), Causes of Action, 2d (Clark Boardman Callaghan), 27 COA2d 1 (2011)
- Our Rights, Our Lives, Sponsored by the Hawaii Women Lawyers (1st, 2nd and 3rd ed. 1996)
- Employee Rights Under Judicial Scrutiny: Prevalent Discourse and the Hawaii Supreme Court, University of Hawaii Law Review, Summer, 1992
- Proving Damages in a Sexual Harassment Case, Trial, Vol. 30, No 4, 1994
- Sexual Harassment and Litigation Strategies: Plaintiff Attorney’s Perspective, Hawaii Institute of Continuing Legal Education, Feb. 12, 1993, pp. 35-64
- Sexual Harassment and Litigation Strategies: Plaintiff Attorney’s Perspective (reprinted by permission), Employee Advocacy, Summer, 1993, p. 2
- ATLA Employment Section Newsletter, Editor and Frequent Contributor, 1995-96
National Workshops/Seminars Taught
- Sexual Harassment and Litigation Strategies: Plaintiff Attorney’s Perspective, ATLA Annual Convention, 1993
- Handbooks and Disclaimers: Claims and Issues, ATLA Annual Convention, 1994
- Effective Techniques in Handling Harassment Cases, NELA Conference, 1994
Honors and Awards
Outstanding Woman Lawyer – Hawaii, 1987
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Employment Lawyers Association-Hawaii Founder, Chapter President
- National Employment Lawyers Association-Hawaii, 1993 – 1996 President and Legislative Chair
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America: Employment Section, National Chair 1997 – 1998
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America: Employment Section, 1992 – 1997 National Officer
Past Employment Positions
- EEOC for Hawaii and the Pacific Basin, Senior Trial Attorney, 2001 – 2003
- Law Office of Elizabeth Jubin Fujiwara, 1986 – 2001
- Judge Walter Heen, Intermediate Court of Appeals, Hawaii, Judicial Clerk, 1984 – 1986
Areas of Practice
- Sexual Harassment Mediation and Litigation
- Employee Rights
- Civil Rights
- Labor Law
- Intellectual Property
- Neutral Fact-Finder in Employment Matters
- Entertainment Representation and Contract Negotiation
Alternative Dispute Resolution available in all matters.
- S. District Court District of Hawaii
- S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- D. Law Review: William S. Richardson School of Law Law Review, 1982 – 1983
- Professional Mediation Associates, Mill Valley, California, 2004 Certificate, Comprehensive Mediation Training
- Arbitration Training, Honolulu, Hawaii, 1992 Certificate in Arbitration
- University of Hawaii School of Social Work, Honolulu, Hawaii, 1971 M.S.W.
- Loyola University, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1967 B.A. in Sociology